Each year, the Plant Breeding & Genetics award winner has the privilege of presenting scholarships to students enrolled at a masters or PhD level in plant breeding or plant genetics at either the University of Guelph, McGill University, Laval University, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, University of Saskatchewan, or the University of Manitoba.
Our goal is to make this a long term part of the CPBI Awards and have a scholarship available each season to be provided to the university program chosen by the winner of the Plant Breeding & Genetics Award.
- Masters or PhD candidate enrolled in plant breeding or plant genetics
- Academic record – past two years
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume or letter outlining education, work history, and extracurricular activities
- Recipient must be willing to allow his/her name to be released in a news release
Each season, scholarship applications will be posted at the universities by late summer with applications due by Oct. 31. Students at the specified institutions can download one of the following application forms and email it to the address specified on the form:
We would like to acknowledge our sponsors for the CPBI Scholarship: